Fine motor skills (2 years-3 years)
Two-year-olds are filled with energy and curiosity about the world and are developing a sense of increasing independence. Olivine School unique Two-Year-Old Curriculum is designed to support and reinforce the independence your 2-year-old exhibits by providing fun and challenging activities that promote all aspects of their development, including: self-help, language, cognitive and physical.
The classroom adheres to mandated teacher-to-child ratios and is designed with children in mind, shelves are open, supplies are easy to reach and tables are low. Two-year-olds are filled with energy and curiosity about the world and are developing a sense of increasing independence making the twos terrific, not terrible! As toddlers develop friendships, self-esteem, and curiosity, our Early Foundation playgroup care program will help them explore their world in a safe and nurturing environment.
Our unique early childhood curriculum is based on the philosophy that children learn best through hands-on experiences. Each day is filled with fun activities that excite and help children develop in ways that give them the comfort and confidence to grow and develop both cognitively and socially. In addition to caring for your child, everything we do is designed for learning. At Olivine School, the child care curriculum focuses on our Whole Child Education philosophy, which is designed to support and reinforce the independence your two-year-old exhibits by providing fun and challenging activities.
Engaging Your Two-Year-Olds Natural Curiosity
Olivine School supports your child development and takes care of their daily needs the same way you do. We’ll constantly communicate with you about all of the important parts of his/her day such as diapering, feeding and sleeping, not to mention letting you know about the exciting new learning he/she experiences every day. Your child’s first years of life are a critical time that can determine success in school, relationships and life. As your child begins asserting her/his independence, it can be exciting and rewarding to watch.
Our highly trained teachers help your child meet the key milestones of this important developmental stage in a caring environment that provides what they need most safety, freedom within boundaries, individual attention, enrichment and praise. Each classroom is designed with distinct Learning Centers where your child will participate in a range of stimulating experiences.
Olivine School Learning Centres
- Blocks: Your child will develop emotionally, socially, cognitively and physically by using a variety of building materials to turn imagination into real-life creation.
- Dramatic Play: This interest center helps your child make sense of their world as they use their imagination and problem-solving abilities.
- Games & Puzzles: Your two-year-old will learn math and science concepts and develop fine motor skills by stacking, sorting, counting, putting together (and taking apart!) various objects.
- Creative Arts: Through painting, sculpture or drawing, your child will learn eye-hand coordination, small muscle control and problem solving.
- Water & artificial Sand: Sensory experiences will provide your child with emotional outlets as well as a beginning knowledge of math and science concepts.
- Book & Storytelling: Exploring books and stories promotes a life-long love of literature and language.
Your Two-Year-Olds Day
Our unique curriculum offers themed units to keep your two-year-old engaged in a progression of learning. The child care program also supports the toilet training process and helps create a plan that is consistent, positive and manageable at home and school. In addition to standard care and play time, the typical daily structure for your two-year-old might include:
- Two large group times engaging children in story, song and discussion about theme-related topics.
- Discovery time offering both teacher- and self-directed opportunities to explore the Learning Centers.
- A snuggly story time.
- Lunch and naptimes to nourish and rest your child’s growing mind and body.
- Outdoor play at least twice daily to burn off energy and develop motor skills.
Our playgroup Care Program Features
- A perfect balance of nurturing, playtime, and learning each day
- Daily group activities that help boost your child’s social skills
- Regular teacher-family communication, including daily updates to keep you informed
- Themed monthly units that provide a variety of daily experiences
- Learning areas focused on dramatic play, mathematics, creative arts, language, and sensory exploration.
- Age-appropriate activities and materials that develop confidence, self-esteem, and a love of learning.
You will receive a daily communication detailing the care and activities of the day, so you can be confident we’ve provided a range of experiences designed to promote all aspects of your two-year-olds development.
As toddlers develop friendships, self-esteem, and curiosity, our Early Foundations playgroup care program will help them explore their world in a safe and nurturing environment. Our unique early childhood curriculum is based on the philosophy that children learn best through hands-on experiences. Each day is filled with fun activities that excite and help children develop in ways that give them the comfort and confidence to grow and develop both cognitively and socially. In addition to caring for your child, everything we do is designed for learning